To be a Humanist congregation that improves lives, relationships, and the world through reason, compassion, and action.
A society that values relationships and affirms the worth of every person.
- People – We believe that every human being has inherent worth, is entitled to be treated with dignity and respect, and has the right to participate in the governance of their community. We value diversity of identity and lived experience, and we encourage a culture of inclusion.
- Connection – We build community to celebrate life’s joys and support one another through life’s challenges. We nurture our relationships with people and the natural world. We relate to others in ways that bring out their best, which brings out the best in ourselves.
- Action – We value deed before creed. We believe that positive change will only come about through human efforts. Therefore, we must take personal responsibility and work together to address the great challenges of our age. We work to make the culture of Baltimore more ethical.
- Lifelong Learning – We commit to free inquiry and civil discourse in the pursuit of knowledge and understanding in our Sunday school, weekly addresses, and other activities.
- Humanism – We follow a rational philosophy that is informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by compassion.