“Finding A Better Balance: Diversity in the Arts”
- Defining Diversity.
- The Dividing Starts With The Education System.
- Creating Resources That Seek To Bridge Our Community Instead Of Dividing It.
- Spotlight What Is Working And Strengthen What Isn’t.
- Eliminating The Road Blocks Artists Of Color Face As They Create.
- Power Struggle /Defining What Is Good Art.
Nate VashtiBlue Couser was raised in Baltimore City. He was educated in both the Baltimore City and Private school system. He went to Coppin State University and majored in Urban Arts and Production, with a concentration in Acting. Nate has worked in various sections of the arts. He is an Actor, Director, Radio Personality, Jewelry Designer, Teaching Artist and Curator. His mission is to build a stronger and more diverse arts community in Baltimore City. Ten years ago, Nate created ‘The Artist Exchange’ as a networking tool for his fellow Urban Arts majors at Coppin State Univ. Over the years, as he has grown as an artist, the group has also grown to over 4000 active members from all over the world. The mission of The Artist Exchange, like Nate’s personal mission, is to create opportunities and platforms for artists of all cultures and backgrounds. This group focus is to build sustainable life long careers for artists.